Could not create log file error? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From novnov
Subject Could not create log file error?
Date
Re: Could not create log file error?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
I am rather unsure of postgres logging, but I think the way to go is to unrem
some of the lines in postgresql.conf, restart the db. Now I get this:

* Starting PostgreSQL 8.2 database server
* Error: Could not create log file
/var/lib/postgresql/8.2/main/pg_log/postgresql-2007-07-15_143020.log

I manually created a dir called pg_log, since it wasn't already there. What
am I missing?