Re: 8.4 release planning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.4 release planning
Date
Re: 8.4 release planning  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> This is pretty much exactly how I see it.  *Hot standby is not ready*,

> So can you give us an idea of what parts of the code are in need of
> rethinking etc? I assume you've looked at it now if you can estimate
> it's going to take another 10 -12 months?

No, I'm just estimating that based on the amount of design churn that's
still going on according to the mailing list discussions.  I haven't
looked at the code at all.  (If you expect me to sign off on it you can
figure it'll be a couple of months even for that to happen...)