Re: BUG #15225: [XX000] ERROR: invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1073741824 / Where: parallel worker - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15225: [XX000] ERROR: invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1073741824 / Where: parallel worker
Date
Responses Re: BUG #15225: [XX000] ERROR: invalid DSA memory alloc request size1073741824 / Where: parallel worker  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Frits Jalvingh <jal@etc.to> writes:
> The "good" news is that this effect is apparently caused by something else.
> I fired those statements through an IDE (IntelliJ) written in Java and
> using jdbc. There seems to be something odd going on in there, because when
> I paste the query in psql then the effect with and without explain looks
> the same: 3 processes of which 2 "parallel workers" doing enormous amounts
> of I/O at 50..90% CPU. I will try to find out what easter egg in either
> that IDE or the JDBC driver causes this 8-/.

Ah.  Something about query parameterization, is my bet.

            regards, tom lane