Re: abstract data types? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: abstract data types?
Date
Re: abstract data types?  ("Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-sql
John Reid <jgreid@uow.edu.au> writes:
> I'm trying  to figure out what support PostgreSQL offers for SQL99
> abstract data types.

None, I fear.  The stuff you are fooling with is leftover from the old
PostQuel language.  Most of it is suffering from bit rot, because the
developers' focus has been on SQL92 compliance for the last six or seven
years.  I hadn't realized that SQL99 had caught up to PostQuel in this
area ;-).  Sounds like we will have to dust off some of that stuff and
get it working again.  No promises about timeframe, unless someone
steps up to the plate to do the work...
        regards, tom lane