Re: 8.3 Development Cycle - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: 8.3 Development Cycle
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 14:16 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Following the recent discussion on this list and another on pgsql-core,
> we have decided that we would like to aim to meet the following schedule
> for the release of PostgreSQL 8.3:
>
> April 1st 2007 - Feature freeze
>
> May 1st 2007 - Beta 1 release
>
> June 1st 2007 - Release
>
> This will obviously be a short development cycle which will allow us to
> get some of the features that just missed 8.2 out of the door, as well
> as giving us the opportunity to try releasing before the summer (for
> those in the northern hemisphere) rather than after.
>
> We are also aware that this is a tight timetable, however given the
> shorter development cycle we feel it is an achievable goal.

Thanks for that, Dave and Core.

I'm very happy to have clearly stated dates. That means we can all plan
what we'll be able to achieve in that time, which is important when some
of the largest or most complex features are being considered.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com