Access to databas from the Internet - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lukasz
Subject Access to databas from the Internet
Date
Re: Access to databas from the Internet  (Shane Ambler <pgsql@007Marketing.com>)
Re: Access to databas from the Internet  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I would like to install a PostgreSQL. I know how to manage the database
itself, creae databases, user, groups and so on. But I don't know how
to allow other users, who are outside LAN to connect to database
through Internet.

For example, my external IP is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, and my IP in the local
network is yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy. I want to install PostgreSQL on the
computer with yyy.yyy... What and where I need to configure to have
access to my database from Internet?

Regards,
Lukasz