Re: Tab completion for SET TimeZone - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Tab completion for SET TimeZone
Date
List pgsql-hackers
... btw, I forgot to mention that I don't see any problem with
the patch's behavior for DEFAULT.  What I see with both readline
and libedit is that if you type something reasonable, like
    set timezone to d<TAB>
then it will correctly complete "efault ", without any extra
quotes.  Now, if you're silly and do
    set timezone to 'd<TAB>
then readline gives you "efault' " and libedit gives you nothing.
But I think that's your own, um, fault.  We don't have any other
places where tab completion is so aggressive as to remove quotes
from a keyword.