Re: BUG #2634: path requires double \\ for WAL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: BUG #2634: path requires double \\ for WAL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 13:37 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Yes, this is required because we use backslashes for escapes.  The
> backslashing can be turned off in 8.2.

So the postgresql.conf setting "standard_conforming strings" that turns
off backslash escaping affects the interpretation of other
postgresql.conf settings?

What if you have a path set for archive_command and then you change the
standard_conforming_strings GUC and SIGHUP the server? Will the path be
incorrect?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis