Re: SQL:2003 Window Functions for postgresql 8.3? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karen Hill
Subject Re: SQL:2003 Window Functions for postgresql 8.3?
Date
List pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Karen Hill wrote:
>
> > It would be really great if PostgreSQL supported SQL:2003 Window
> > functions.  I know that oracle and sql server have them already, so it
> > would make postgres competitive in that area.  I know there is a
> > feature freeze for 8.2,  is it doable for 8.3?
>
> The sooner you start writing a patch, the sooner you will be done ;-)

I looked at the TODO list at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html, and I don't see SQL:2003
Window Functions listed.  Is it because they are not desired, or is it
because there are more pressing things to accomplish?  I noticed that
Tom has mentioned that it appears unworkable in this thread.