Re: [HACKERS] selecting large result sets in psql using - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Chris Mair
Subject Re: [HACKERS] selecting large result sets in psql using
Date
List pgsql-patches
> > > BTW, \u seems not to have any mnemonic value whatsoever ... isn't there
> > > some other name we could use?
> >
> > True :)
> > Since buffer commands all have a single char I wanted a single char one
> > too. The "c" for "cursor" was taken already, so i choose the "u" (second
> > char in "cursor"). If somebody has a better suggestion, let us know ;)
>
> I think a new backslash variable isn't the way to go.  I would use a
> \pset variable to control what is happening.

IMHO with \pset I'd have different places where I'd need to figure
out whether to do the cursor thing and I was a bit reluctant to add
stuff to existing code paths. Also the other \pset options are somewhat
orthogonal to this one. Just my two EUR cents, of course... :)

Bye, Chris.

--

Chris Mair
http://www.1006.org