Re: PostgreSQL runs a query much slower than BDE and - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Lewis
Subject Re: PostgreSQL runs a query much slower than BDE and
Date
List pgsql-performance
MSSQL can give either a graphical query plan or a text-based one similar
to PG.  There's no way that I've found to get the equivalent of an
EXPLAIN ANALYZE, but I'm by no means an MSSQL guru.

To get a neat-looking but not very useful graphical query plan from the
Query Analyzer tool, hit <Ctrl-L>.

To get the text-based one, execute "SET SHOWPLAN_ALL ON" which toggles
diagnostic mode on, and each query that you run will return the explain
plan instead of actually running until you execute "SET SHOWPLAN_ALL
OFF".

-- Mark Lewis