Re: 8.2 features status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: 8.2 features status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 12:15 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Well, either people post the changes publically or I trust a few people.
> I don't trust everyone or the TODO becomes a dumping ground, which I am
> afraid might happen with a wiki that anyone can update.

I think that's preventable, especially if we require logins to edit the
wiki: while people are free to add content, others can clean up new
content and remove dubious additions. Besides, I think the TODO list is
speculative by nature: there are plenty of vague or half-baked ideas on
the current TODO list, for example.

For those who haven't seen it, I think the GCC Wiki is a good model:
   http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki

Personally I'd like to see us move toward maintaining the TODO list and
similar developer-oriented information primarily on a wiki.

-Neil