Re: Detect missing combined indexes (automatically) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Detect missing combined indexes (automatically)
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thomas Güttler schrieb am 10.01.2019 um 13:56:
> Is there a way to detect missing combined indexes automatically
>
> I am managing a lot of databases and I think a lot of performance
> could get gained.
>
> But I don't want to do this manually.
>
> My focus is on missing combined indexes, since for missing
> single indexes there are already tools available.

The PoWA monitoring tool contains an extension to suggest missing indexes.

I don't know if that includes multi-column indexes though, but it might be worth a try:

    https://powa.readthedocs.io/en/latest/stats_extensions/pg_qualstats.html

Thomas