Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 17:03, Tom Lane wrote:
> [...] I don't know what
> other people who do core development feel about that --- but I dislike
> the idea that when someone changes such an API, the buildfarm will go
> all red because there's only one person with the ability to fix PL/Java.

But the alternative is that nothing is going red, and the PL stays
broken until somebody notices it which might be too late to easily know
which change broke it.

Wouldn't it be possible to separate the "red/green lights" for the core
and for the PLs ? So the core stays green and the PLs go red... and stay
red until the PL maintainer fixes things.

And I don't believe there's only one man who knows good Java around...
once PL/Java gets in the core I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of
people using it and caring about it.

Cheers,
Csaba.