Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Does our CVS setup cater for seggregated rights like this? Or
> > would that
> > be done on a trust basis?
>
> No, I don't believe you can do this with CVS at all. We'd need something
> like SVN/WebDAV to be able to grant write access just to specific parts
> of the tree to different people.

It is possible using CVS, by carefully managing file system permissions
and assigning different permissions to the OS users of the different
committers. I guess it's also possible using commit scripts... but I
don't think it worths the effort as long as there is a regular backup of
the CVS tree...

Cheers,
Csaba.