Re: Non-transactional pg_class, try 2 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Non-transactional pg_class, try 2
List pgsql-patches
On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 17:53 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Here I repost the patch to implement non-transactional catalogs, the
> first of which is pg_ntclass, intended to hold the non-transactional
> info about pg_class (reltuples, relpages).

Would it be possible to get a summary of what this new feature gives us?
I'm trying to follow the implementation but the why of it seems to have
been buried in the detail.

Will a user be able to update reltuples and relpages manually?

Thanks.

--
  Simon Riggs