Re: Website patch request: documentation style update - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Website patch request: documentation style update
Date
List pgsql-www
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> On 4/18/20 2:46 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'd noticed that the website style wants to render function signatures
>> in a very cramped way, with less inter-word spacing than normal; is that
>> another aspect of this?

> I believe that's one of the trademarks of the monospace font family, but
> we may be able to adjust it.

BTW, as far as that goes, I *don't* see equivalent cramping when building
the docs without STYLE=website.  Compare e.g. the renderings of concat_ws'
description in table 9.10 (attached).  So I think it's something that is
being done intentionally somewhere in the website customization.  I'm not
sure where to look though.

Also, now that I look at it, I see the website style seems to be rendering
parents and brackets in the same font as the <code> items anyway.  This
does not seem like an improvement over what happens without that.

            regards, tom lane

Attachment