Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [ADMIN] does wal archiving block the current client
List pgsql-hackers
> > This doesn't quite get to the nub of the problem: archiver is designed
> > to keep archiving files, even in the event that the postmaster explodes.
> > It will keep archiving until they're all gone.
>
> I think we just need a PostmasterIsAlive check in the per-file loop.

...which would mean the archiver would not outlive postmaster in the
event it crashes...which is exactly the time you want it to keep going.

Granted, that's an easy change.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com