Re: Copy HL7 record/file into PostgreSQL Table - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Copy HL7 record/file into PostgreSQL Table
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 09:59, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 01:14:18PM -0400, Sean Hamilton wrote:
> > I'm currently working on an EHR myself and would love to hear a solution
> > to this.. If youget valuable feedback can you please forward that to me?
> > and if I hear anything I'll do the same
>
> Given how complex HL7 apparently is (someone up-thread was estimating a
> week to write a parser) you might want to go with more of a pre-canned
> solution rather than trying to roll your own.

The week I was estimating was for creating what appear to be all the
ancillary tables listed in that spec, and testing to make sure you've
got the schema all right.  Just importing the data that was presented
looked fairly easy.  It was the validating it that looked hard...

Just clarifying.