Re: Weirdness with the stats collector process - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Weirdness with the stats collector process
Date
List pgsql-general
Matthew Musgrove <mmusgrove@emortgagelogic.com> writes:
> One of our instances has been behaving -- oddly. Most queries are blazing fast. It appears to just be some of the
statviews that are slow.

It sounds like requests for stats updates are not getting through to the
collector.  I wonder if your kernel is blocking those packets for some
reason (probably ill-considered iptables filters?).  There is a test
for packet filtering conducted during postmaster startup, but we don't
repeat it after that.

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to:
>  - see what the statistics collector is doing?

strace?  You could at least confirm whether it's receiving anything.

            regards, tom lane