Re: Regarding TODO item "%Add a separate TRUNCATE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gevik Babakhani
Subject Re: Regarding TODO item "%Add a separate TRUNCATE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The question that really ought to be answered before doing any of this
> is why DELETE privilege shouldn't be sufficient to allow TRUNCATE.

This is actually a very good one I think. Perhaps we shouldn't code and
overkill making things more complex. The only reason I can think of
having a separate TRUNCATE permission is when one could not ROLLBACK a
TRUNCATE. But this is not the case. We can rollback a TRUNCATE :) :)