Re: Documentation patch: change a name in a grammar rule - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Documentation patch: change a name in a grammar rule
Re: Documentation patch: change a name in a grammar rule to prevent confusion
List pgsql-patches
On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 01:59 +0200, Nicolas Barbier wrote:
> the following patch changes "parameter" to "gucname" in the grammar
> (and later references) for the SET syntax in ALTER ROLE and ALTER
> USER.

Wouldn't "var_name", "varname", or something similar be more clear?
"GUC" is probably not an acronym we should be exposing prominently to
the user.

-Neil