Re: advice on PGSQL cluster (active/passive) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Devrim GUNDUZ
Subject Re: advice on PGSQL cluster (active/passive)
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 08:11 -0400, FM wrote:
> Next month I will receive my SAN and a new server. Using Redhat
> Cluster Suite + GFS, I'd like to create a PGSQL active/passive
> cluster.
> Do you have some advice about this setup or advice for PGSQL
> Clustering ?

I've tried this configuration last month. You have to be sure that the
active node is really down; and before bringing up the active node back
again, be sure to stop postmaster on the passive node to avoid data loss
problems.

You need to configure the cluster.conf so that it uses any fence device;
otherwise your nodes may fail randomly.

I can't remember any special problems right now; but if I do I'll post
to the list.

Regards,
Co-Authors: PL/php, plPerlNG - http://www.commandprompt.com/