Re: WIP: splitting BLCKSZ - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: WIP: splitting BLCKSZ
List pgsql-patches
> Mark Wong <markw@osdl.org> writes:
> > Here's an updated patch with help from Simon.  Once I get a test system
> > going again in the lab I'll start posting some data.  I'm planning a
> > combination of block sizes (BLCKSZ and XLOG_BLCKSZ) and number of WAL
> > buffers.
>
> Applied with minor corrections (you missed pg_resetxlog, for one).

Thanks. (That omission was mine, not Mark's.)

> I can't see any very good reason
> why data block size and xlog block size were ever tied together, and I
> think it'll make the code read better if they're separated.

I see you've changed the control file back from XLOG_BLCKSZ to BLCKSZ; I
wasn't sure which one of those to choose. Perhaps that also should be
changed to PGCONTROL_BLCKSZ to more clearly differentiate that also (but
not put it in pg_config_manual.h?

Best Regards, Simon Riggs