Re: have you feel anything when you read this ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: have you feel anything when you read this ?
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 02:06, Eugene E. wrote:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/news-5-0-19.html
> --- cut ---
> mysql no longer terminates data value display when it encounters a NUL
> byte. Instead, it displays NUL bytes as spaces. (Bug #16859)

Everyone here realizes that this is a mysql CLIENT bug, not server side.

i.e. if you're writing an application and request that binary text
string, you'll get it with nuls in it, just like you put in.

Now, I'm not sure that turning nulls into spaces is the best way to
handle this in the client.  In fact, I'm sure it's not.  But this is not
a server bug, it's a client bug.

Just FYI.