Re: Process Time X200 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Process Time X200
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 04:45, NbForYou wrote:
> Ok, Everybody keeps saying that Postgresql is free...
>
> So I contacted my webhost and their respons was they have to pay a license
> fee.
>
> But because they use PLESK as a service I think they are refering to a fee
> PLESK charges them
> for the use combination PLESK - POSTGRESQL
>
> I do not know however that this information is accurate...
>
> I thank everybody  who have responded so far. Great feedback!

I think it's time to get a new hosting provider.

If they're still running PostgreSQL 7.3.9 (the latest 7.3 is 7.3.14, and
8.1.3 is amazingly faster than 7.3.anything...) then they're likely not
updating other vital components either, and therefore it's only a matter
of time before your machine gets hacked.