Re: PostgreSQL committer history? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: PostgreSQL committer history?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 11:01, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 09:22 -0500, Robert Treat wrote:
> > I've often wondered how much it would help to have more committers for
> > the purpose of having people review & apply smaller patches on their
> > own, there by reducing the "busy work" from Tom, Bruce, et al who we
> > really would rather focus on bigger patches.
>
> There's nothing stopping you -- most code review is done on
> pgsql-patches via email. If you or anyone else wants to contribute,
> please go right ahead -- participating in code review certainly doesn't
> require commit privileges.

Sure... but my thought was more if it would be helpful to get the
patches that Bruce says are "easy to do" out of the way. On some of
those patches the amount of time save from eyeballing a patch to reading
an email saying someone eyeballed it doesn't seem worth it if you still
have to apply & commit it; the time saving would be in not having to
deal with it at all (thinking in aggregate values here).

Robert Treat