Re: PostgreSQL committer history? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: PostgreSQL committer history?
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 15:37 -0600, Jim Nasby wrote:
> Any reason we can't make the raw CVS repository (which would contain
> all this info) available somewhere?

All the CVS information *is* available (e.g. via cvsup), it is just
difficult to correlate a given CVS commit with the actual contributor
who worked on the patch. Getting the raw data out of CVS for commits is
fairly straightforward: when working with Karim, I actually wrote a
bunch of scripts to transform CVS metadata into data stored in a
PostgreSQL database, and then generated the data that Karim needed via
a few queries. (If anyone wants the scripts, I'd be happy to send you a
copy, although they are somewhat dirty.)

-Neil