Re: autovacuum and orphaned large objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: autovacuum and orphaned large objects
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@timbira.com> writes:
> The main point of autovacuum is maintenance tasks. Currently, it executes
> VACUUM and ANALYZE commands. I want to propose that we incorporate vacuumlo
> functionality into it.

I'm not terribly thrilled with that because (a) large objects seem like
mostly a legacy feature from here, and (b) it's hard to see how to
implement it without imposing overhead on everybody, whether they use
LOs or not.  This is especially problematic if you're proposing that
cleanup triggers not be required.