Re: connecting to pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From mmaclennan
Subject Re: connecting to pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi yeah I was doing some reading today and realized that I had to
change the pg_hba.conf file from local host to something else but I
don't wuite understand what I am suppose to be entering for the
CIDR-Address setting. This database will only be accessed from the
network and surrounding computers. The general Ip addresses for the
computers here are 192.168.1.X. Does this mean that the CIDR-Address
should be 192.168.1.0/24? This is what I did but it still wouldn't
connect.

I also noticed that I needed to change the listening_addresses under
the connection setting in the postgresql.config file. DO I have to do
this? I didn't find the information really clear and there weren't any
examples for me to understand what they mean by 'listen_address' (do
they mean the IP address or the port number???). I tried all '*' but
that didn't work either.

Any ideas?