Re: pg_hba.conf alternative - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Devrim GUNDUZ
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf alternative
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 14:34 +0200, Q Beukes wrote:

> I have the problem where the system administrators at our company
> obviously have access to the whole filesystem, and our database records
> needs to be hidden even from them.

As they have access to whole filesystem, they can access anything, even
if you enable password auth (they'd switch to trust auth and reload
postmaster).

They can also copy the data dir to another server and search the

You should either trust your sysadms, or work with people who you trust.

Regards,