Re: patch to create system view that lists cursors - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: patch to create system view that lists cursors
List pgsql-patches
> No kidding.  But what do you think the correct test is?  The comment's
> claim that stuff named "<unnamed cursor>" should be suppressed seems
> wrong to begin with, as those are perfectly good cursors.

Well, I suggested to Joachim offlist that these shouldn't be listed. I
think the intent of the feature is to list the available *cursors*, not
all the available Portals. Why list Portals that cannot be directly
manipulated by the user? It would also mean that this would produce
unexpected results: "PREPARE foo AS SELECT * FROM pg_cursors; EXECUTE
foo".

-Neil