Re: 7.4 JDBC driver with 8.1 server? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.4 JDBC driver with 8.1 server?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> ... If this really is the only thing wrong it
> would be a pretty simple fix to backport.  It's not been our policy to
> ensure forward compatibility and the 7.4 driver isn't really maintained
> anymore, but a I'd ignore that for a simple change for a big pg
> contributor.

No need for a back-port.  The question wasn't about "what would it take
to make this work", it was about what would happen if we failed to
update the driver at all while updating the server.  Sounds like the
answer is "it won't work very well", which is about what I thought.
Thanks for the info!

            regards, tom lane