Re: COPY permissions problem - Windows XP - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From john.rylander@gmail.com
Subject Re: COPY permissions problem - Windows XP
Date
List pgadmin-support
Jim,

Your reference to \COPY proved extremely useful for me--thanks!

At first, I didn't much pay attention to it, because the portion of the
docs you excerpted focussed on STDIN; but when I read the whole doc set
for the command, it was clear that I could indeed plug in any old file
spec as with the regular COPY command.  When I did that, everything
worked fine.  :)

(Well, when I did that and remembered to use the HEADER parameter, and
managed to properly clean up the CSV file, which strangely had a
trailing comma in every record, which comma bothered Access not at all,
but very understandably bothered PostgreSQL, or perhaps psql.)

Thanks again, Jim.