Re: [ADMIN] Missing Chunk Error when doing a VACUUM FULL operation - DB Corruption? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [ADMIN] Missing Chunk Error when doing a VACUUM FULL operation - DB Corruption?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Arjun Ranade <ranade@nodalexchange.com> writes:
> After dropping the replication slot, VACUUM FULL runs fine now and no
> longer reports the "oldest xmin is far in the past"

Excellent.  Maybe we should think about providing better tools to notice
"stuck" replication slots.

In the meantime, you probably realize this already, but if global xmin
has been stuck for months then you're going to have terrible bloat
everywhere.  Database-wide VACUUM FULL seems called for.