JDBC / JBoss connection problem on Debian - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Joost Kraaijeveld
Subject JDBC / JBoss connection problem on Debian
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

After an update of my Debian Etch AMD64 I could suddenly not use the
"postgres" account with an empty password to connect from JBoss to my
database, which used to work OK. I only could get it working again after
I changed the following line in pg_hba.conf:

host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5

..
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust

Besides that I do not know if there are any security implications I
should be worried about: what could be the cause of the problem?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld