Re: Low CPU Usage - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From brauagustin-susc@yahoo.com.ar
Subject Re: Low CPU Usage
Date
List pgsql-performance
It's a Debian 4.0r1 server without sound (alsa is disabled), I'm running the querys locally.
It's happening running the query locally with PgAdmin and by jdbc locally too.
Yes I have win98, XP machines on my network, I will unplugged from the net and test again. On monday I'll give you my answer.
Last thing I did was disabling ipv6 and with the same results.

Thank you very much for your help.

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Craig James <craig_james@emolecules.com>
Para: Luiz K. Matsumura <luiz@planit.com.br>
CC: brauagustin-susc@yahoo.com.ar; pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Enviado: viernes 21 de septiembre de 2007, 18:15:40
Asunto: Re: [PERFORM] Low CPU Usage

Luiz K. Matsumura wrote:
>> Is connected to full 100Mb, it transfers many things quick to clients.
>> Is running Apache adn JBoss, transfer rate is good, I did scp to copy
>> many archives and is as quick as the old server.
>>
>> I have no idea how to continue researching this problem. Now I'm going
>> to do some networks tests.

Any chance this is your desktop machine, and you're also using it for audio?  Microsoft built in a feature (!) that reduces network speed by 90% when music is playing:

  http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/26/1628200&from=rss

Craig

Seguí de cerca a la Selección Argentina de Rugby
en el Mundial de Francia 2007.
http://ar.sports.yahoo.com/mundialderugby