Re: DBlink documentation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: DBlink documentation
Date
Re: DBlink documentation
List pgsql-general
Am Samstag, den 17.12.2005, 16:53 +0200 schrieb Andre Truter:
> Thanks, I'll download the Posgres source then.
>
> I would be nice if the documentation could be online though, then I
> would not need to download the whole postgres source just to get the
> documentation for one small part.

This is understandable ;) But in this case not postgres peoples
fault. There is no reason a package manager should exclude parts
of the software at will. The complete software includes all you need.
Well done packages either have a big package of all or single packages
you install which include the documentation too.
If someone does not use a package, (s)he is downloading the source
anyway to get postgres :-)

Regards
Tino