Re: High context switches occurring - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: High context switches occurring
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 22:49, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> 1. You don't want number of clients (-c) much higher than scaling factor
> >> (-s in the initialization step).
>
> > Should we throw a warning when someone runs the test this way?
>
> Not a bad idea (though of course only for the "standard" scripts).
> Tatsuo, what do you think?

Just to clarify, I think the pgbench program should throw the warning,
not postgresql itself.  Not sure if that's what you were meaning or
not.  Maybe even have it require a switch to run in such a mode, like a
--yes-i-want-to-run-a-meaningless-test switch or something.