Re: could not open relation No such file or directory after alter table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: could not open relation No such file or directory after alter table
Date
List pgsql-general
Chris <pglist@gmail.com> writes:
> This is Postgresql 8 RC 1 on freebsd 5.3.
> I changed the type of a column from varchar(128) to varchar(256), and
> right after that I got the following messages when doing inserts on
> the table in question.

> <41e0e2c3.fd54>ERROR:  SMgrRelation hashtable corrupted
> <41e0e2c3.fd54>STATEMENT:  commit

Hmm.  We got another report of that back in September, but AFAICS from
the archives it was never resolved because we couldn't reproduce it.
Can you come up with a reproducible test case?

            regards, tom lane