Re: Inconsistent DB data in Streaming Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Inconsistent DB data in Streaming Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ants Aasma <ants@cybertec.at> writes:
> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> The proposed fix - halting all writes of data pages to disk and
>> to WAL files while waiting ACK from standby - will tremendously
>> slow down all parallel work on master.

> This is not what is being proposed.

The claim that it won't slow things down is lacking in credible
evidence.  Moreover, whether there's any performance hit or not, it will
certainly add complexity (and risk of bugs) in a place where we can ill
afford more.  And the bottom line remains: this is optimizing for the
wrong thing.