Re: postmaster blues after system restart - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: postmaster blues after system restart
Date
List pgsql-admin
> "Thomas F. O'Connell" <tfo@sitening.com> writes:
> > But cleaning out /tmp seems to be a part of institutional practice on
> > Linux,
>
> I'm unconvinced of that.  A quick test on Fedora Core 4 shows that
> random files in /tmp survive reboot, and any moment of thought would
> show why users would object to a blanket cleanout policy.
> I think what you've got is a rogue, broken mountnfs.sh script.  I don't
> even see any such script in my installation ... what is its provenance?

It's a standard part of Debian, from the package initscripts.

The default policy is to clean out /tmp at boot.  This can be varied by
changing TMPTIME in /etc/default/rcS.

   Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html