Converting mysql dump to pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leonard Soetedjo
Subject Converting mysql dump to pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

First of all, I don't know whether this is the right place to ask about
the usage of my2pg.pl.  Sorry if I'm wrong :)

I'm trying to find a web-based project management that's based on
postgresql.  So far I found none.  So I'm trying whether it's possible
to convert dotProject from mysql to postgresql.

So far, when I use the my2pg.pl, it doesn't seem to change anything
except removing the "Type=MYISAM" thing.  It does not remove the
backtick or changed the auto_increment to a serial type.  This is the
steps that I took:

cat dotproject.sql | my2pg.pl > dotproject.sql.pg

But the resulting dump still uses auto_increment & backtick, which
produces error.  Am I missing some steps?

Thanks

Regards,

Leonard Soetedjo