Re: 8.1 beta1 -> beta2 upgrade question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Eric Sproul
Subject Re: 8.1 beta1 -> beta2 upgrade question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 11:20 -0600, Aly S.P Dharshi wrote:
> Would it be possible to replicate your database to a Slony based beta 2
> and then promote this to a master whilst upgrading the old master ? I
> presume that Slony will do the trick with the 8.1 betas

Aly,
We don't have the online storage to be able to run two instances
concurrently.  This is the root cause of our desire to upgrade in place.
We might not even have enough space for a full logical export-- it would
be pretty tight.

Eric