Need help with corrupt pg_statistic - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kevin Seghetti
Subject Need help with corrupt pg_statistic
Date
Re: Need help with corrupt pg_statistic  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
List pgsql-admin
I am using postgres 7.4.5, and have a corrupt pg_statistic.
Many commands cause the following error:
ERROR:  invalid page header in block 10 of relation "pg_statistic"

I want to preserve my data if at all possible, I figured I would just
dump the database and reload it. I tried
pg_dump, but it gives me:
 pg_dump: query to obtain list of data types failed: ERROR:  invalid page header in block 11 of relation "pg_statistic"
even if I just try to dump a single table.

I tried postgres in single-user mode:
 delete from pg_statistic
gives me the same error
 drop table pg_statistic
gives me
 ERROR:  permission denied: "pg_statistic" is a system catalog

Is there any way to nuke pg_statistic (since its contents can be
recalculated anyway?)

Thanks,

--
Kevin Seghetti: E-Mail: kts@tenetti.org, HTTP: www.tenetti.org