Re: Getting connected - Java application to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Getting connected - Java application to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 12:11 +1000, Peter Cook wrote:
> I see the Postmaster needs to be running. Does that happen when you
> start the pgAdmin application from the Start menu?

pgadmin is a client application like any other and need not be running
on the same machine as the postmaster.

The postmaster is started, usually at boot time, on the server.  It must
already be running when you try to connect to it with pgadmin.

   Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html