Re: pgsql: Remove outdated comments from the regression test files. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Remove outdated comments from the regression test files.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Nov 27, 2010, at 2:49 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> Who's going to be the first to say that being git-centric can't ever be
>> a bad thing?  ;-)

> At least for me, referring to it that way makes finding the original patch an order of magnitude faster (git show
hash). YMMV.

[ shrug... ]  You need to take the long view here.  We're not working on
the assumption that git is the last SCM this project will ever use.
Even granting that it is, I don't think git hashes are adequately stable;
hashes.  And AFAIK there is no mechanism that would fix hash references
embedded in commit log messages (or the code).

            regards, tom lane