Re: BUG #1799: Auto Creation of Strong Password fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Laurent Hausermann
Subject Re: BUG #1799: Auto Creation of Strong Password fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I am sorry, I haven't kept any screenshot...
The password was a "very" (15 chars) random string...
And after that, installer seemed to try to connect to database with the
old and "weak" password,
but it fails...=20

Best Regards,

Laurent

Le lundi 08 ao=FBt 2005 =E0 20:55 +0200, Magnus Hagander a =E9crit :=20

> > Bug reference:      1799
> > Logged by:          HAUSERMANN Laurent
> > Email address:      lhauserm@naema.org
> > PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
> > Operating system:   Windows 2000
> > Details:=20
> >=20
> > I ran the Postgresql 8.0.3 msi installer on a "postgres=20
> > blank" plateform.
> >=20
> > The Win32 installer asker for creating a user for me, said my=20
> > password was weak and replace it...
> > This feature is really great, but the installer are not able=20
> > to connect as this user after this password generation...
> >=20
> > Answering "no" and keeping my "weak" password, permits to=20
> > have a valid installation
>=20
> That's interesting - it has always worked for me. What password did it
> generate that wouldn't work? And what exactly was the error message?
>=20
> //Magnus

--=20
Laurent Hausermann <laurent.hausermann@naema.org>