Suspend Referential Integrity? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jim Jarrett
Subject Suspend Referential Integrity?
Date
List pgsql-novice
I'm trying to load a database ported from Oracle.  The commands I was given to
load data into the table are in alphabetical order; when I run them, I get
errors because I'm violating RI rules (eg. table "CUSTOMER" has RI to "SOURCE",
but CUSTOMER attempts to load before SOURCE).

Certainly, I could try to reorder the load statements, but that would be just a
huge PITA.  Is there a way to temporarily suspend RI on a PostgreSQL
database/schema, and then "fix it later?" Either delete the rows that break
rules or add rows to fix the violations?

TIA

| Jim Jarrett,Madison, WI       94 Passat GLX                   |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         81 Rabbit Convertible 16v      |