Re: Very confusing installcheck behavior with PGXS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Very confusing installcheck behavior with PGXS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> writes:
> input and output are used in only 3 places in the whole tree[1], so
> maybe the best thing to do is just rip support for that out of
> pg_regress and handle it some other way.

[ raised eyebrow ]  It's not apparent to me that moving it someplace else
would reduce the net cruft any.

The real problem is that Peter just did the minimum amount of work
to get VPATH to work at all, not to get it to work in a non-surprising
way.  We really need this code to be explicitly VPATH-aware, I think,
rather than overloading the inputdir and outputdir concepts in
multiple ways.